Friday, May 2, 2008

Money's for suckers

Today as I was trying to do our budget and balance our finances, it was like everything compounded all at once. We had some unexpected telephone fees, and we had to get our microwave fixed, and we had to pay for some school books that we didn't really have money for. And it was pretty stressful for us because we were supposed to be getting a full time income already which would have eased the strain, but Charlie's work hasn't assigned him the right hours yet, so no luck for that. Anyway, through all that there was a little glimmer of light called craigslist. I found a really great car seat for a really great price, but wasn't going to be able to buy it since we used up all our extra money on emergencies already. But I put a bunch of things up for sale, and quickly sold a little girls bike for 20 bucks, so since the car seat was only 15, I went to go see it today. Its beautiful. Its the sort of car seat I would see and wish I could buy at the store if I wasn't such a cheapskate and its in practically new condition. I can't believe that girl was selling it for so cheep, but boy am I grateful. Its amazing how a perfect little car seat for a bargain can make me feel so happy and like the money situation is all gonna work out and all is right with the world. But it has. I can't wait to see my baby's cute little bum sit in that seat.

No comments: